Donor-Advised Funds (DAF)
A grant from your donor-advised fund can help further our commitment to innovation and excellence in patient care, teaching, research and service to our communities
What is a donor-advised fund (DAF)?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is an investment account for philanthropic giving that offers an immediate tax benefit and the flexibility to support your preferred charities right away or over time.
The advantages of giving through your DAF
DAFs can be easily set up through your financial institution or a community foundation to serve as a flexible charitable giving vehicle. For more information on how to establish a DAF, contact your community foundation or financial advisor.
How do donor-advised funds work?
- Simplicity: Your sponsoring organization handles all record-keeping, disbursements (including an option for automatic distributions), and tax receipts and provides you with a single document at tax time.
- Timing: You can request that a donation be made at any time or make automatic recurring gifts on a schedule of your choice.
- Open to all: Individuals, families, companies, foundations and other entities can start a DAF.
- Increase your philanthropic capital: With varying investment strategies available, the funds in your DAF have the potential to grow tax-free.
- Flexible funding options: Fund your DAF with the assets of your choice, including cash, stock, securities, and even real estate.
How do I give through a donor-advised fund? You can give in three ways:
- Recommend a grant from your DAF through your fund administrator. You can recommend a gift by contacting your fund administrator, or by granting online (see below)
- Set up recurring grants from your DAF. You can set up recurring grants to help sustain the mission of Yale New Haven Hospital. This can be done online (find your DAF institution below) or by contacting your fund administrator. You can choose how frequently the automated grants will occur.
- Name Yale New Haven Hospital as the beneficiary of your DAF. You can help continue the mission of Yale New Haven Hospital after your lifetime by naming YNHH as the beneficiary of your DAF. Simply contact your fund administrator to do so.
Information Needed to Make a Donor Advised Gift:
Legal Name: Yale New Haven Hospital
Federal Tax ID: 06-0646652
Mailing Address: Yale New Haven Hospital, Office of Development PO Box 1849 New Haven, CT 06508-9979
Please add the name of the fund where your gift should be directed and the description of the purpose.
Are you a financial advisor?
If your clients are looking to make a gift through their DAF, please note Yale New Haven Hospital’s tax ID number is 06-0646652.